Founded in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood in 1985, LPCS has grown from a seasonal overnight shelter to a year-round, multi-site operation housing 120 individuals facing homelessness each night.
MISSION & HISTORY.
Lincoln Park Community Services brings communities together to empower individuals facing homelessness and poverty to secure stable housing and make sustainable life changes.
Empathy: We model compassion and understanding for all members of the LPCS community.
Equity: We achieve justice and celebrate diversity by providing inclusive, strength-based services.
Integrity: We foster a culture of respect, honesty and fairness.
Accountability: We commit to each other and those we serve in the delivery of client-centered services in a safe and motivating environment.
OUR HISTORY & FOUNDING PARTNERS
LPCS began in 1985 when a handful of community members gathered to offer support to their neighbors facing homelessness. For years, LPCS ran out of and offered shelter within four community churches; and while LPCS now has a home of its own, these churches (Saint Clement, Lincoln Park Presbyterian, Church of Our Savior, and St. Pauls UCC) continue to provide integral community support and engage regularly in our mission.
WHERE WE ARE.
LPCS's interim housing facilities and affordable housing units are located in Chicago's Lincoln Park and Old Town neighborhoods. We also provide permanent supportive housing via scattered site units across the city, from Austin to Rogers Park to South Shore.
600 W. FULLERTON
LPCS Lincoln Park serves primarily as an interim housing shelter with a capacity of 35 beds. Located on the lower level of Lincoln Park Presbyterian Church, LPCS has called 600 W. Fullerton home for more than 20 years.
1521 N. SEDGWICK OLD TOWN
LPCS Old Town is home to a 48-bed interim housing shelter, 20 affordable housing units and a drop-in center. Opened in June of 2019, our new home at 1521 N. Sedgwick provides comprehensive services to our neighbors facing homelessness.